Hey Guys!
This week was a lot of fun. I am having a hard time
remembering what we did does it all gets pretty blurred together when I sit
down and start writing. I do remember that I was pretty sore after our activity
on monday but I feel fine now. And then... what else did I do? I worked a lot
and ate a lot of rice and slept really hard and met some wierdo who spoke
english but really hated the church and fell down a big muddy hill when we were
trying to knock on a door that Elder Canto felt like we needed to knock on (but
it was worth it cause they let us in) and went on divisiones to the hottest
sector ever and got eaten alive by all the bugs there but it was awesome and we
had interviews with President Christensen which went really well cause I am
pretty sure he knows almost everything and then we did divisiones with the
assistents and I learned a bunch of stuff that is hopefully gonna help me be a
better missionary and yesterday in church was great cause the members here are
awesome and love to go on visits to go to the rescue!
Whoo! Well those are the parts of my week that stick out
anyway.
But I am doing really good as always, Ecuador is treating me
pretty well, I ya I forgot that a total stranger gave us a bag of like 20
mangos! So ya Ecuador is treating me pretty well haha. But something that I was
thinking this week was that missionary work would be such a rut cause I do the
same thing every single day but the thing that stops it from becoming
repetative are the trials we have to go through sometimes because that is where
we really learn stuff. But looking back at experiences that I have had I have
often fought the trials really hard and been to prideful to let myself learn
from them. But now I am noticing a bit of a difference there and being more
grateful for the tough things cause life would just be so boring without them.
Well thanks everyone! Have a good week!
Elder Durrant
Oh man that new song looks sweet! Well I hope you guys were
happy with the long letter this week I tried really hard to remember all the
stuff that happened to me this week. This band sounds pretty interesting, what
other covers are you thinking of doing? I am going to listen to so much latino
music when I get home you have no idea, it is wierd how much it has grown on
me. And this star wars cook book sounds pretty interesting too, what is Jabba
Jingle? And I wrote a lot more in this letter but the internet connection went
and I lost everything gosh dang it. Well hope you guys have a good week
Well I have been thinking about what you said (even before
you said it) and I think you are right. Lately I have been having lots of
experiences like running into a lot of Vista Hermosa/Oriente QuiteƱo members in
the church office a few months ago, or running into a La Gasca member family
here in Santo Domingo or visiting La Gasca again with Elder Canto a few weeks
ago and I feel like I am already getting everything that I want from you guys
coming to Ecuador to pick me up. I have also been thinking a lot about the
missionaries in my group who have become some very good friends also and not
flying home with them would be something that I would really miss too. So I
feel good about that desicion. Thanks you guys are awesome!
No comments:
Post a Comment