Hey Guys!
Well it was a really good week,
like better than usual! For starters Orlando got baptized and man was it an
adventure! We finally got in with the parents after forever (I dont know if I
mentioned this when it happened but they got separated a while ago) but we went
over like an hour before Orlandos baptism to teach those 3 (Kenneth is in
Guayaquil until later in the week). We showed them together forever which is a
cheesy 80s church video that I always made fun of but it worked magic. We had a
really spiritual lesson and Orlandos dad got pretty emotional and accepted
baptism for the first time ever, they were both so happy for Orlando and so
blown away by how ironic it is that he was the first in the family to get
baptized, the gospel really can change people. So they came to the baptism and
loved it, and they have decided to stay together and save their marriage.
The only problem was that the
font didnt work, so we were frantically filling it up with buckets right before
the baptism and it was freezing! My legs were hurting afterword but Orlando
didnt even care. While we were getting dried off in the bathroom he told me he
didnt even feel cold, he said that when he came out of the water he felt as if
he had left his old life behind and was a different person, then he asked me
''Is that what the spirit feels like?'', such an easy question but it made me
think a lot. Then after the baptism he bore his testimony and got pretty
emotional too, it was a pretty powerful day. Tons of people came to church
yesterday including Orlandos parents for the first time and I couldnt have been
happier.
Life has been incredible lately, and it really is going by
so fast. My companion is starting to make me realize just how fast it does go
by, he was one of my zone leaders at the beginning of my mission which feels
like it was practically yesterday, and now it looks like I am going to kill
him. The mission is like a time machine or inception or something like that. It
is just awesome.
Ya that letter is gonna be a little late, I never have any
time to right letters anymore but it is slowly getting done. A year ago today I
was giving my farewell talk and saying goodbye to a billion people. It is wierd
how fast the time has gone. And they say the next year goes even faster. Sounds
like you had an awesome time in seattle and everyone else had fun partying
while you werent there. Elder Grow speaks perfect spanish, I really hope I can
speak like that when I am an old person. I bought a BoM in Kichwa a while back
but it is nothing like spanish, my comp. actually knows quite a bit because he
got to serve in the Otavalo for a while, I only know how to say ''gimme some
skin!''. Hope you all have a good week!
No comments:
Post a Comment