Hey Everyone!
This week was really cool and I am learning a lot here. It
is pretty hard because all of the rumors I have heard about this area are true,
it is a little harder than your average ecuatorian area. They have officially
divided the ward so now there are 3 companionships in total here, and between
us all about 0 progressing investigators. Our one sure investigator told us
this week that she is not ready and doesnt want to set another baptism date,
and contacting here is a lot harder than it has been in passed areas. But I
think this will be good for me. During ward council yesterday everyone was kind
of down because we all did everything we could and had no success. The bishop
recognized that and he very bluntly told us: ''if you have to fast 3 times a
week to have success, than that is what you have to do!''. I think if I learn
anything during my time here it is going to be putting more faith in God than I
do in myself. I have been putting lots of faith in God my whole mission, but
maybe not all of it. But right now I am doing everything I possibly can and
nothing is happening so I am going to have to learn how to put all of my trust
in Him if I want to see success. So I have been studying, praying, and fasting
more diligently and often and I have seen amazing things. This week was
humbling because I saw that all of my success on my mission isnt really because
of me because I cannot work miracles, but I know God can so I plan on asking
for those miracles a lot more from now on. Have I mentioned how awesome the
members are here? Best I have seen my whole mission.
I think the best part of my week was when I contacted
someone from a communicator thingy so he couldnt see me, but while I was
talking to him he asked me if I was from the coast. That made my entire month.
Its fun to here about all the mission calls, I just keep hoping somebody gets
called to Quito. Thanks for all the support everyone! You are all awesome!!
Fam
Dad- I remember the first time you heard that talk and you
didnt think it was so profound. haha
Mom- Yes your right, I am just not used to being cold
anymore, good thing I get back home in august. Good job on your spanish
Audrey- Your movie sounds like it is pretty darn funny
Ian- Thanks for updating me on all of the worldly things. I
expect a full review on all of the superhero movies
Alicia-
Isaac- That hobbit game sounds like a blast
I miss you all and pray for you everyday.
¡Yo sé que el evangelio es verdadero!
No comments:
Post a Comment