Sunday, November 29, 2015

Jan 13 2014

January 13, 2014

Hello everyone,

I dont think Riobamba ever stops partying... There have been parades in the streets the whole time I have been here and they dont look like they are going to stop.

Well this week has been a bit of a long one but it ended really well and it looks like things are starting to get better. Lourdes is feeling even worse than before and every lesson we have with her is basically a therapy session. But she told us she is going to keep coming to church every week no matter what so I know she is on the right track to having a better life, but baptism is still very far from her mind. Things with Familia Geuvara were very stressful for a while when Danilo almost left his family, but after many many long hours with him and pretty much everyone he knows things have started to improve. The problem was just a lack of humility, he refused to recognize that he was the one doing the all the wrong things and his wife refused to recognize that he needed her support to make it through this. But with time they finally let go of their pride and they are doing much better. Danilo came to church for the first time yesterday and loved it so much he couldnt quit talking about it. It is looking like it might be possible for him to be baptized before this change is over. 

Also, I finally got to have my first zone activity where we did something besides play soccer! (not that I dont like soccer, its just that im white). This morning we went up to the base of Chimborazo (or white ice in keechwa) and it was cool. Because the earth is kind of an oval it is closer to the sun than Mnt. Everest and the sun is powerful up there! For a lot of our zone it was the first time they have ever seen snow for real. It was definetly a good morning. Well I hope everyones lives are good, thank you all for your support! 

And I finally uploaded my pics! They are a little view of Riobamba, me next to a new years mannaquin, and me at the base of Chimborazo.

Mi Familia,
Dad- Ive heard that dog story before but it now seems a little more real to me now. Ive met quite a few people that believe weird stuff
Mom- That little bit about Poco made me laugh hard. Let me know whats going on in Florida
Audrey- What are you doing for the talent show? It also sounds like you have been listening to Elder Bednar lately



 

No comments:

Post a Comment