Sunday, November 29, 2015

Jan 28 2014

Hi everybody,

We have been losing lots of really good investigators because of coffee this week, and because ´´suck´´ is about the only word Elder Amenara knows in English we have been saying ´´coffee sucks ´´ a lot lately.

Well this week ended great! Danilo got baptized and it was awesome! And then the next morning we had to get at like 4 to prepare the font again for Gabriella so her parents could see her be baptized (we fell asleep on the church benches while we waited for the font to be ready). Her dad has changed a lot from the first time we met him and he really wants to get baptized now, him and his wife just need to get married first. I was very happy with how this change went and we have a lot of people ready to go for the next one, life is great! And we got change calls yesterday and Elder Almenara is leaving. We stopped by Familia Guevaras house after the call so he could say goodbye, it was really depressing. He has been with them since the very beginning and both him and Familia Guevara were very very sad that he was leaving. It made me have flashbacks of saying goodbye to Emma and Carlos in Los Chillos. It is easy to see that Elder Almenara found his purpose here in Riobamba and it is cool to see how much it changed the life of this family. I will be staying in Riobamba and training a new missionary (I'm going to be a father!) and I'm way excited! Ill be spending half of the week in Quito so that I can get trained on how to train. I don't feel like I know what I am doing enough to tell someone else how its done but it should be fun. Not a whole lot else is happening that I can think of right now but life is good. It is nuts to hear about everyone getting their mission calls and going to such crazy places! You will all do great! And I had one of the most epic moments of my life this week! I ate at the only Carls Jr. in Ecuador! and if things couldn't get any crazier it was my first time eating there ever! Thanks for all you are doing to support me everyone! You are awesome!

Family
I heard you guys had a pretty interesting flight home but I don't know any details. Hope I find out next week.

I miss you and pray for you everyday.
¡Yo sé que el Evangelio es verdadero!


No comments:

Post a Comment