Sunday, November 29, 2015

Dec 16 2013

Hi Everybody,
Well this week flew by and a lot has happened. I am now in the zone Riobamba with my new companion Elder Almenara from Peru. He seems great and I am excited to start working here. Riobamba is a lot more traditional than Los Chillos was so it looks like I am going to have to learn keechwa (crap). But I don't know much cause Ive been here for like an hour, I spent most of today sleeping in a bus. But yesterday kind of sucked because of a few things. Emma told us this week that she has always been the kind of person who would very rudely turn away any kind of religion that came knocking on her door, but with us it was different. She knew from the second she saw us that God was showing her what she was supposed to do with her life. I believe the spirit did all the work before Elder Villca and I even opened our mouths. So I'm just really depressed that I cant be there for them next week but I know there is a reason for everything. I'm also depressed because the District Leader absolutly destroyed us last night. He told us we have the best numbers out of anyone in the whole zone... except for baptisms. I felt like Elder Villca and I had done everything we possibly could have to have success but it didn't come. I don't know what we were doing wrong but it looks like Elder Villca is going to have to drop quite a few investigators that were only wasting time, and Familia Velasco is probably going to be one of them. Everything has been falling apart with them lately which is so depressing because they were our big focus of the transfer. So I guess I'm happy I wont be there for that. 
Well that about all that happened this week. Another big regret is that I never got a picture of that monkey. And by the way Andersons- I met an Elder Brough from Kaysville who says he knows you guys. Hope everyone is doing well.

Family,
Dad- I don't know for sure what the deal with skype is but I will find out and give you everything next week. How are they going to make a third hobbit movie? Did it follow the book?
Mom- Ive never heard of quinoa. What is it?
Audrey- I wrote my psych report on ¨The Prestige¨ and it was easily the funnest report I have ever written. 
Ian- Well lets hope that no. 3 can redeem no. 2. How the heck did they do mirkwood in 20 min? That's like half the book
Alicia- I don't know what kind of monkey he is but I will miss him (sort of)
Isaac- Your letter this week was the funniest thing I have ever read

¡Yo sé que el Evangelio es verdadero!

I miss you all and pray for you everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment