Hola
All,
This
has been a crazy fun week! It has been both my hardest and most frustrating so
far but also my best. Out of nowhere on Saturday my eye started to
hurt worse than it has in a long time, but I just started to take care of it
like I always do when this kind of stuff happens. But then I got a strong
feeling that I should ask the district leader for a blessing. I first thought
that a blessing would not be necessary because it was not a big deal, but then
my eye started to hurt even worse. So I decided to take a hint and get a
blessing and our whole district stood in for it. It was such a spiritual
experience for both me and my district and it made us become a lot closer and
it build our faith a ton (my eye hasn't hurt since). I was talking to my branch
president (President Suaste) about this and he suggested that my eye freaked
out for no reason just for this experience. I thought this was awesome and it
made me realize that everything happens for a reason.
Spanish
has gotten much more complicated but that's okay. I'm pretty sure that even if I
memorize every single conjugation in the language before I leave I still
wont be able to understand the weird Indian dialect they speak in Quito.
Comprehension is getting better as long as people speak slowly. I know I have
been getting tons of help from the spirit in the language and everything else
these past couple of weeks. It is crazy how quickly every one of my
prayers has been answered while I have been here. And sometimes i am just
sitting in bed and I realize how much I love being a missionary. It makes me
excited to get to Ecuador (19 days left!)
I
don't know what else to write about. The days all blend together really bad. I'm
dreaming in Spanish! But it is not that helpful because I cant understand
my dreams now, it is just a bunch of gibberish. I love teaching the fake
investigators, it is definitely where I learn the most. I'm having a ton of fun
and I love Mexico! Thank you for the letters to those who have sent them. I
will reply. I just got told the other day that most of my mail got
lost in Mexico City even though it had the right address. I probably wont get
it until I leave the CCM. Bummer.
New
top 10 scripture: Alma 26:30
Dad-
I met a guy the other day going to Vina del Mar. He is very excited.
Mom-
Alma 17 is my favorite chapter
Audrey-
Keep driving
Ian-
You have my permission to sell Hero Quest. Just play it a lot first
Alicia-
Keep saying funny stuff
Isaac-
Are you dead? I haven't heard anything about you
The
pics this week are...
Our laundry
hanging up to dry when our dryer broke, me in the craziest rainstorm I have
ever seen, and mystery meat Monday
I
miss you all and I pray for you everyday!
¡Hasta
luego!
-Elder
Durrant
I
forgot to attach these pics of my district at the temple. Also happy birthday
this week Ian and Congratulations to Scott and Karen! I have a new cousin!
¡Nos
vamos! (not really)
-Elder
Durrant
6
pictures
No comments:
Post a Comment