Sunday, November 29, 2015

Oct. 7 2013

Hola Mi Familia y Amigos,
It has been a pretty interesting week here in Vista Hermosa. The food here is really good! It is just chicken and rice for literally every meal, but there is not a whole lot of it. Between that and all of this Bear Grylls hill training everyday I am a little more skinny than I used to be. We have been having a fair amount of success here, but I often feel like I am contacting in a ghost town. We go forever and ever trying to find someone but the streets are all empty and nobody is home. But I see about a million dogs everyday, and they are all the meanest most annoying things on earth. There are also lots of cows, chickens, and sheep running around the streets which is pretty funny. My living conditions are interesting. I have ice cold showers every morning and I have to do my laundry in the bathtub with shampoo. Also, I have found one or two cats under my bed before I go to sleep which always scares the heck out of me.

My Spanish is probably twice as good now as when I left the CCM. But I feel more incompetent then ever. I have gotten really frustrated a few times this week with the fact that I cant really talk to anyone ever unless its in my limited Spanish, but I just try to improve everyday and work my hardest.
But all the hard parts of the mission are outweighed by the good parts. Conference was way awesome and it made me realize how much I enjoyed them at home. And both Saturday and Sunday were the best days I have had so far. On Sunday we had 5 people commit to baptism, 4of them being a family. I really love this family and I hope they actually do. We have had many people commit to baptism but when we try to schedule our next lesson they always say they are too busy and we never see them again. I wish people wouldn't lie to us when they say they actually want to be a part of this church, but we continue to try and help no matter what. We have been working with one guy since the day I got here named Nelson. He is an old man who lives alone and very nice even though he doesn't say very much. He says he believes the gospel is true and wants to be baptized but he is not willing to change religions. But he keeps all his commitments and I can see he is very sincere.
In conference Elder Ochoa talked about looking up and I related to that a lot. Whenever I am feeling discouraged all I need to do is look up at the mountains and the clouds because they continue to amaze me when I do. When I do, I realize how lucky I am to be here. (Hopefully I can attach some pics because they are awesome). I have found that when I start to worry about myself less and start caring for others more is when I can speak and understand the best. If I work hard, then the mission is less hard. It seems back words but it is true. I knew coming out here that it would be hard, but being able to see a change in myself and others as I am here is making it all very much worth it.
Mi Famlia,
Dad- I had to watch Elder Scotts talk in Spanish so I didn't understand the whole thing. But I was able to get the basic point of it and I could tell it was an inspiring talk.
Mom- Your Spanish is improving from what I can see. And sorry I never answer your questions, I always have so much to remember to put in my emails and I forget half of it while I am here. In answer to your question, we have a few mammitas who live close. But they cook lunch for us once in a while and clean like two shirts every month. So we are left to do a lot on our own but it hasn't been a problem, Elder Mendoza is a really good cook so I am learning a lot.
Audrey- Sorry about xc. That is how I felt all last track season (I also felt jealous that you were becoming the next BP) and it stinks. But you will have a good race one of these days
Ian- Why wont you write me? I think you would like the mountains here to. It often looks very similar to the scenery in Halo Reach.
Alicia- NAI is a really good movie
Isaac- The family I mentioned earlier has a 9 year old boy named Isaac. He reminded me so much of you it was freaky. So you have an Ecuatorian twin out here
I miss you all and pray for you everday.
¡Yo sé que El Evangelio es verdadero!

Yay this computer works! But it did it kind of weird so I hope you can see them. The pics are my view from our casa every morning, us getting excited to eat tacos, and an empty street.

No comments:

Post a Comment