Monday, November 30, 2015

June 23 2014

Hey all!

This week was probably one of the best of my mission, and probably my life too. On friday President and Hermana Ghent had their goodbye conference and it was super spiritual! And I didnt realize how hard it would be to say goodbye to them until I was actually doing it. It reminded me of when I first got here and I had no clue what the heck I was doing and how much they both helped and inspired me. It also reminded me of the interview I had with President Ghent 4 months ago my first week of being in this sector, he told me that this sector had not seen a baptism in about a year but he really inspired me and made me believe that could change, and it finally did. 

Luis got baptized on saturday and it is an experience that is hard to put into words, I really gave it a shot in my journal last night but it was difficult. Elder Copa and I got to be the witnesses and when he came out of the water everything was totally silent and he just sat there in a daze, it was powerful. Then on sunday he recieved the holy ghost and was presented before the ward. I looked at him standing up in the front and I could see and feel a difference in him, it was something I will remember forever. And I wasnt the only one, in ward council everyone said that as he stood up after being confirmed he was a different person, he seemed truly happy. As I have said before I have seen more miracles with him than I can count, just getting in the door was a miracle, but he has changed more than I can even comprehend since the time we found him. At the beginning he was a grumpy old man with a very dark past who hated white people and never stopped talking, he is still a grumpy old man who talks too much, but probably the most perfect one I know. All in all I would say this week was a good one.

Fam,
Dad- Well now I feel like a missionary, I missed the camping trip.
Mom- Hope the ursula is better than the guy who played tarzan, he really didnt live up to the disney version
Audrey- Have fun at Ragnar, go chase thems bagles!
Ian- Just like Gollum
Alicia- I havent gotten a quote for a while
Isaac- What games did you play?

I miss you all and pray for you everyday.
¡Yo sé que el evangelio es verdadero!


Elder Durrant

No comments:

Post a Comment