Monday, November 30, 2015

Oct 27 2014

Hey guys!

Well this week was kind of an adventure. It has been raining a ton lately, I know I always say that but holy cow I am now working while wearing my sweater, my big matrix coat, my waterproof shoes, and my umbrella, and I somehow still get soaked. And it is the coldest rain ever!! It feels like ice when it hits you. But despite the weather it was still an awesome week. During the week it was really hard to get lessons because everybody is either studying or working so as far as lessons go it was one of the lower weeks that I have had. On sunday things really werent looking good but then our investigators started being awesome and just popping into church all on their own, me and Elder Càceres could barely believe it. So it turned into a great week again and I feel like God gave us a freebee on this one. 

Well october really is a great time to be on the mission in Ecuador. SInce our whole sector is pretty much dirt roads this place is just a big mudhole right now and on the way to an appointment the other day we ran into a spot on the road that had been turned into a 1 and a half foot deep mud lake and had to get really creative when we crossed (hay un barco por acá?). We always have fun with it. I really love it here. 

It is also gua gua de pan season, yay! Happy halloween everyone!


Elder Durrant


Hey guys! Hey I need a favor. The church is doing this thing to the gringos here and I need my social security number, I did have it memorized a long time ago and now I dont. But anyway, how have things been going back home? How was moms birthday? I promise I didnt forget mom I just forgot to include it in my letter last week and didnt realize until a few hours later. But I hope you had a good 35th birthday! Nope meet the mormons is not really a possibility here and I am still kind of confused as to what it even is. We have stake conference coming up here in La Colon and I am pretty excited. The stake president here is probably almost as good as dad. Have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment