Hola Everyone,
Man! I cant believe I am almost out of here. It feels like I
have been here for 10 years but at the same time it feels like it has flown by.
Either way, I'm more excited than ever to get to Ecuador. I think I am also more
nervous to go there than I was to come to the CCM but that's OK. I'm still pretty
bad at both Spanish and futbol so I'm pretty much the most unprepared person
ever. As far as Spanish goes I feel pretty confident talking about the gospel
in my Tarzan dialect but talking about anything else is pretty hard. I'm really
good at soccer as long as the ball doesn't come toward me. This week has flown
by so fast it is crazy. This last weekend was the Mexican Independence
celebration. I got to learn a lot about Miguel Hidalgo and the story of their
long fight against Spain. On Saturday and Sunday we got to watch some
performers do some dancing and traditional stuff like that, we also got to
watch the president of Mexico ring the bell on TV. It was awesome to finally
see a lot of Mexican culture, I am so sheltered (imprisoned) here that I don't
even feel like I am in Mexico sometimes. I will attach some pics at the end of
this email. ¡Viva Mexico!
Besides that it has been the same thing it always is. My
district has been into the match people to movie characters game.
Here is some of mine: Prince charming from shrek, the cricket
from Mulan, Luke Skywalker, Legolas, Flash, Dash, Draco Malfoy, and
like a billion others I cant remember off the top of my head. I always get
stuck with the blond air-heads! My district has actually gotten a little
better at studying thankfully. But I am thankful that they were too much fun
rather than too much focused. I have cried like every other day here because
they make me laugh so hard. That is probably the reason I have really enjoyed
my time here. But I might have not survived without frosted flakes. I actually
did the math to get a rough estimate on how many bowls of frosted flaked Ive
eaten during the six weeks Ive been here but I am too embarrassed to tell you
what it is.
That's about Ill I got. I'm sure next week Ill have a lot more
to say. They are letting me email again on Monday so I might send some
pics out if any photo opportunities come in the next four days.
But if you guys email me before then I would love you forever cause it
would give me something to do that day. I also got my mail! Yay! I
replied to a lot of the letters plus a couple like two weeks ago, but I
really don't know if you will ever see it. The mail here is a joke. Ive
heard it will be better in South America and I really hope so. But if any of
you get my letters let me know. Steve, your pics look insane. Shane, are you
on another planet? The next time you here from me I will be in
Ecuador!
Mi Familia,
Thanks for the package! It was the greatest thing ever!
Dad- Zendo sounds like a fun dog. And if I ever make a
Spanish mistake in my emails please correct me
Mom- Speaking of Sisters in Zion the group that performed
for us did a Mexican version of the efy medley. The arrangement was very
different from what I am used to and it was awesome. And yes I will get to call
you the night I fly out. But my flight is like 2:15 am Mexican time. I will get
more details and mail you on Monday. Keep working on Spanish
Audrey- Sounds like you had a poopy week. Buck up little
Buckeroo!
Ian- The Bee Gees costume is awesome isn't it?
Alicia- You get funnier every week
Isaac- Keep playing basketball. But the time I get back you
will probably be able to dunk it
I have learned and grown so much here in Mexico and I have
met many people that have had an incredible influence on me. I am so excited to
be a real missionary instead of a missionary in training. I am grateful for you
all and all the support you give me.
¡Yo sé que el Evangelio es verdadero!
I miss you all and pray for you everyday.
-Elder AJ Durrant
Pics: Independence fiesta, A cool street on the way to the
temple, Elder Funks last day here a few weeks ago, and a really cool pic of
some trees and mountains.
No comments:
Post a Comment