Monday, November 30, 2015

Nov 17 2014

Hey everyone!
This week was fun. We found a lady named encarnacion who prayed about the message we share and she had a dream that her husband who died a few years ago told her to keep listening, so that was pretty cool. And Rosa got baptized! She is such a cool person. She grew up as an orphan in the streets because her dad died when she was a baby and her mom died when Rosa was 7 on Christmas day, so she really doesnt like Christmas. She is still going through lots of family problems but even through all of that she is such a happy and positive person. I have learned a lot from her story and I dont know if I have ever seen anyone so set on getting baptized. So that was pretty cool.
Sunday was really hard because I had to say goodbye to La Gasca. All of the members there are so incredible and I have never felt so close to a ward before. It has always been kind of sad to leave sectors but I have never really felt like I did yesterday. My new sector is in (intense pause) Santo Domingo! Whoo! I am finally going to the coast! It is going to be very different than what I am used to because I have been in the city/mountains my entire mission. I am sweating buckets right now and everyone is telling me that it is a cold day, should be fun. My new comp is Elder Cantos from Peru and he seems like a great guy. I am really gonna miss Elder Caceres because he and I got along great, he had such a similar personality to mine that it was freaky.
Well life is good!

Elder Durrant


I really want to see this intersteller movie. How have things been going in Utah? Cold? I have a feeling this is going to be my hottest Christmas ever, but I am way excited to finally be out of Quito, I really loved all my sectors there but I needed a change of scenery. Alicia I have always wondered what you guys do on all of these seceret getaways to salt lake, you never tell us. And by the way I need my social security number soon because if I dont send it I will get fined. Just send it to me in pieces so it is not all in one email. I am kind of interested as to what might be in my christmas package, Thanks guys!!

No comments:

Post a Comment