Hola All,
How is everyone? I don't have much time so this will be a
short letter. This week has been pretty good. I have been able to see a lot of
progression in my ability to comprehend Spanish which is really nice. But
sometimes I feel like I am going back words when it comes to speaking which
makes me frustrated (so I guess I'm not a freak of nature like dad). The work
has been going well. I wish we could teach a person more than once because I
think people flee the country after they commit to be baptized. Yesterday I got
to give a blessing to a woman in our ward which was awesome. I didn't know I was
doing it until about two seconds before which was good because it didn't allow
me to prepare what I was going to say. I know my Spanish was not even close to perfect
but it was a really good experience. Now that I am starting to understand
people better I've realized how much people talk about me behind my back. Little
kids are totally fascinated with me and when I hear them talking about me I
look at them and they are so surprised that I can understand them. It doesn't
happen often but I love it when it does. This week we contacted a man and I was
in the middle of saying something to him and he interrupted me and told me that
he was an English teacher and I could speak in English to him. It felt so weird
to have a conversation in English. I realized that I had not said a word
out loud in English in about 2 1/2 weeks. The only English I really hear anymore
is inside my own head so it felt pretty weird to actually speak it (it also
felt really good). Thanks to everyone for your support. 2 months already, I
cant believe it! Your awesome. Hasta Lunes.
Mi Familia,
Dad- ¿Quien fue su primero compañero en el campo misional?
Ive been wondering if he was a native English or Spanish speaker. The ward here
is awesome. There are maybe 50ish people every week and there are so many
awesome families. And yes I have a dictionary
Mom- Your Spanish is getting really good. And the mail gets
here much faster than in Mexico so I don't think you have to worry about
Christmas yet. But I will think and let you know about what I want. Definitely
letters and pictures
Audrey- I hear region is soon, that's nuts! I feel like your
season just started. ¡Buenos Suerte! and let me know how everyone does. I know
you will break 20 on Wednesday
Ian- Who was your team in HC? Probably a few Hulks
Alicia- Sasquatch escape sounds like a really good book
Isaac- They don't have banana spiders where I am, I think
that is just a Guayaquil thing. For fun people play soccer and volleyball. And
the people that have gardens grow tons of stuff. They have lots of cool fruits
that they don't have in Utah.
¡Yo sé que el Evangelio es verdadero!
I miss you all and pray for you everyday!
-Elder AJ Durrant
No comments:
Post a Comment