Sunday, November 29, 2015

Nov 18 2013

Hola Todos,
My subject title today is a quote from a little girl who told me that on the street. I was a little offended because this is the least I have weighed since like 10th grade.

¿Como estan? Things are going well here as always. I still dread weekly planning and gospel principals every week but Ill live (maybe). We have been teaching a few people that are progressing and all that is going well. We have a family that is pure gold! Every time we teach them they say stuff that you would only be able to hear in The District videos, I don't believe it sometimes. We have a few more people attending church and we´ll see what happens there. I love the people here in Ecuador! They are incredible and so accepting. I think the fact that Ecuador is such a religious country makes it easier to teach here. People will often love us automatically because they are so impressed that we would give our lives to God for two years. Really the only problem is nobody believes that Mormons are different from any other Christian religion. There are like a thousand different forms of Christian based religions here but nobody really practices them. The general idea here is that if you believe in God then that is all you need. It is pretty interesting and I believe that is the reason that mostly everyone in Ecuador is so nice, but it does sometimes make it hard to get people to progress. But I cant complain. Once in awhile I run into a hard core racist which is always fun.

I have gained a bigger appreciation for the Book of Mormon this week. I was able to finish it again this week and I got really excited to start it over. It is amazing how much you can find and learn in the scriptures, no matter how well you know them. I am also reading my Book of Mormon in Spanish because if I don't any ability to speak and understand Spanish goes down the toilet. Maybe that is all in my head because I honestly never use any Spanish I learn from the Book of Mormon in my everyday life, but I honestly believe that The Book of Mormon can help change lives in many different ways. If I someday become fluent in Spanish a lot of the credit will go to the Book of Mormon and the blessings I receive for reading it.
Thanks for all the mail and packages! You guys are awesome and I will reply someday! And because Ecuador is so Christian they just skip Halloween and Thanksgiving and go straight to Christmas. There have been lights and trees and whatnot since I got here and it is only getting better! ¡Feliz Navidad!
Mi Familia,
Dad- That scene with the Mumak rider is one of the greatest scenes in movie history. It is tied with the scene in Tarzan when Tarzan lifts the leopards body over his head and yells across the jungle. The play we saw 3 months ago came very very short in that scene.
Mom- Hope you find your wallet soon. Sundays don't really help me calm down anymore but that's OK. And yes I have been getting all you guys´ mail and packages. I don't really know how long it takes because I get all my mail in a big clump when the APs come around.
Audrey-That painting is sweet! Your best ever! I have only been in Quito once or twice but it is such a cool city. The area I am in is much dirtier and poorer.
Ian- Thanks for the update. I like it. Another!!
Alicia- Thanks for all your letters. You make me laugh pretty hard every week
Isaac- I will answer all your questions in my written letter to you. Keep being entertaining.
OK, a long letter. Happy?
I miss you all and pray for you everyday.

¡Yo sé que el Evangelio es verdadero!

No comments:

Post a Comment