Hola Everybody,
Wow, it has been quite the week (but honestly, when is it not?).
Had another very low and disapointing week but I wont fill up my letter with
those details. We have been working a lot with a really cool family lately
named Familia Brito who came to general conference last week. They are a family
of four and I really like the fact that all of them listen and one of the
parents isnt totally against us teaching them. Really there only barrier is
that they are pretty dedicated in their own religion which has been a huge
problem for us in this area. So many people have said they believe that this
church is the chruch that Christ established and that the Book of Mormon is
true but they are not willing to be baptized because of tradition. I hear it so
much that I practically expect them to stand up and start singing ''Fiddler on
the Roof''. But little by little I can see this family start to see that this
church will change their lives, hope they let it.
This area has made me think about the reason we even have
religion. I dont think it is just so we kind read scriptures and learn
spiritual stuff like most people think, because we can do that pretty much
anywhere. But the only way to make the convenants with God that we need in this
life is through the Church of Christ, learning about Him just comes while we do
that. This area has been kicking my butt both mentally and physically, but I
have learned a ton here and have felt myself grow more than ever on my mission.
Happy Easter everyone! In South America they celebrate it for a whole week!
Christ is the best example for me, he went through more than I could ever
imagine and He did it all with a lot more patience and humility than I ever
could. Thanks for all your support and prayers everyone!
Pic- Quito
Fam,
Dad- Dont make the cuttout, and in Ecuador the spanish isnt
very godly, I have heard some very incorrect spanish during my time here
Mom- Im glad that lawn mower is still doing its best to mow
our lawn
Audrey- Yay! I recognize the name but I cant put a face to
him, but Im sure he is a really cool kid
Ian- Where is my review?
Alicia- Happy Birthday today! What did you get?
Isaac- Glad to hear you are still playing with fire
I miss you all and pray for you everyday.
¡Yo sé que el evangelio es verdadero!
Elder Durrant
No comments:
Post a Comment