Hey guys!
Oh man was it a great week! I cant even explain how happy I
am. Elder Copa and I have been getting along really well, he was just a little
depressed about changing sectors and coming to the ''Expiación'' which
apparently is the mission-wide nickname for this sector, but he is a super fun
guy and a really good teacher. Really the only problem we have is that he has a
really strong Argentina accent and I havent had such a hard time understanding
someone in a long time, I am so grateful to have a latino comp again because it
makes a huge difference in my spanish.
But then yesterday just got crazy! In the morning we went by
to contact a reference named Lilian and we got to teach her. She is the sister
of a member and we taught her the Restoration and invited her to pray. Then she
told us she already did like a year ago when the missionaries taught her and
she recieved an answer, she just couldnt get baptized because her work took up
too much time, but now she has sundays off and can attend! She told us that she
always knew it was true, that feeling wouldnt leave her alone, she was just
waiting for the missionaries to come back and invite her again. Then if that
wasnt good enough Luis (my racist friend) came out of church and told us he has
never learned so much with any other church and is feeling really sure about
his baptism, he has read like 20 chapters in the Book of Mormon and always
complains because he says we are not teaching him enough. He is really the
wierdest progressing investigator ever because he is super grumpy but he loves
everything we are teaching him. I am really excited for him. And I had 4 back
to back baptism interviews yesterday which was exhausting because all four of
them talked a ton and we got back to the house pretty late because of that. But
I love doing interviews and asking why people want to be baptized, I often get
awesome answers that show why I am here on the mission. This week was awesome!
When God gives blessings, He goes all out!
Fam,
Dad- I am rolling my r's! yay!
Mom- I will do my best not to look at the list but I cant
make any promises
Audrey- the new shirts look sweet!
Ian- nice photobomb
Alicia- You are shrinking
Isaac- You are getting tall
I miss you all and pray for you everyday.
¡Yo sé que el evangelio es verdadero!
Elder Durrant
No comments:
Post a Comment