Sunday, November 29, 2015

Aug. 22 2013

8/22/2013

Mi Familia y Amigos,


Hola! Santo la vaca! I don´t even know where to start! The CCM has been a ton fun. My first few days here were so long but they were still good, I just had no idea what was going on and was still trying to adjust. I couldn't believe how much Spanish I learned in only a few days. At day 2 I could pray and bare my testimony and at day three I was teaching my first investigator (a fake one but it was still scary). My district is a lot of fun, sometimes too much fun. There work ethic is such a joke most of the time but they all have very strong testimonies and I am confident they will do well. We are all either going to Ecuador, Bolivia, Texas, or Tennessee. My companion, Elder Abarca (who is also our district leader) is awesome. He is a pretty quiet kid but he is so good at Spanish and listening to the spirit. He helps me out a lot! We got done with our 5th lesson with our investigator yesterday. It has been awesome to be able to teach a whole lesson in Spanish when last week I could barely ask where the bathroom was. I am getting better at speaking everyday and that has been awesome. The thing that is frustrating is that I have the hardest time understanding what people are saying to me. It has gotten a little better but not much.

 I have not been able to find a scale but I'm pretty sure I have gained half a ton this last week. Pretty much all they serve us here is bread for all three meals. But sometimes someone in my district will eat something that absolutely kicks their butt. It will be entertaining until it happens to me. As far as my schedule goes I pretty much wake up, study, eat, study, go to gym, eat, study, and then study some more, then some more, then go to bed. It is going to get old after six weeks but I'm OK for now. It is amazing how many things I took for granted when I was home that I really miss now. Like warm showers and a variety of meals, or not having cockroaches on my bed. It makes me appreciate the soft squishy life I had back home.

This morning we went to the Mexico City Temple and that was a cool experience. Driving there I realized what I nice place Utah is. Some parts of the city are such a dump and I see people who have to work so hard and live such poor lives in spite of it. I sometimes forget I am even in Mexico until I look at the slums right next to the CCM. Anyway, the temple was awesome but it was hard to understand anything in Spanish. But it was so nice to get out of the CCM walls for a few hours. This place is like spirit prison, it is awesome and spiritual but you cant leave and you have your whole life scheduled for you. I love it here and I am learning so much, but I still really want to get to Ecuador.
I am including my CCM address for you guys. You can still email me if you want but if you send me a letter I will have more time to read and reply to it (except for my immediate family, you should still email me).

Carr. Tenayuca-Chalmita No. 828,
Col. Zona Escolar, Deleg G.A. Madero,
C.P. 07230, Mexico D.F. ; Mexico

Don't feel pressured to mail me that way, its just another option


To my immediate family,
Thanks for the three thousand letters you sent me, its nice to know you were so concerned about when my p day was. It would be nice if you guys would all send your letters in the same email because they limit what we can print off here. And I know I said I didn't forget a single thing but we all knew that was a lie so if you are planning on sending me a package I would like my contact case and maybe a watch.

Dad- That is interesting that you released Tanner Hunt. People at school used to tell me I could be twins with him


Mom- Karla tips don't do anything and Aliciaisms would be a lot of fun
Audrey- That is cool cause Alma 17 is like my favorite chapter in El Libro de Mormon. And my district found a hummingbird that couldn't fly and kept him as a pet for like an hour until he died.
Ian- I had a dream the other night that I saw the next x men movie and it was cool
Alicia and Isaac- Why the heck didn't you write me!?

Well I'm out of time. The attached pics are Me at the temple me and Elder Abarca at the temple, and me showing off all the weight I have gained this week.
I miss you all and pray for you everyday. Yo se que el evangelio es verdadero!

                                                                         -Elder Durrant

3 pictures



No comments:

Post a Comment