Hey everyone!
This week was pretty fun. Actually it was really hard to get
lessons because it is Cuencas independence day this week or something like that
so that means party all week long! But Rosa is progressing a lot. I dont think
that I have ever mentioned her but she is a really old indÃgena lady who really
likes the Book of Mormon even though she cant read (we have to read to her) and
has been coming to church like every week lately. So that is pretty cool but
other than that we are just looking for new people. Romelia and Darwin are
doing great! Darwin got the priesthood yesterday and Romelia invites like all
of her neighbors to church all the time! I dont think they realize it but,
recent converts are some of the best missionaries that exist. For them it is
something so new and it doesnt seem to be as difficult for them to share the
gospel as it is for the rest of us. Pretty much exactly what Elder Bednar explained
in his talk last conference, ''wanting to share what had helped them when they
were hurt''. So that is what has been on my mind this week, along with latino
music... it is really starting to grow on me a lot.
We went to the BasÃlica today which is a really big church.
So here are some pics!
Elder Durrant
Hey guys! Sorry that everybody is sick. Happy birthday
Isaac! I didnt forget I just had the same thing happen as last week with mom.
Last night I had a freakishly vivid dream that I was finishing my mission and
me and Elder Villca got permision to go back to Vista Hermosa for a day and
visit converts. We just found out that a man we found contacting who was a 20
year less active and his records had not been in that ward is now the 2nd
counselor of the Vista Hermosa bishopbric, he never went to church once while I
was there. So that is pretty cool. Here is a pic of the two of us, if you
compare the pics from when we were comps you can see how much weight he has lost
and how much I have gained.
No comments:
Post a Comment