Hola Parents,
Thank you for your letters every week, they mean a lot. I'm
glad everything sounds like it is going well at home (except for about Aunt
Doris that sounds really sad). My last two days here have been very
interesting. Saturday was pretty long and I just wanted it to end until we had
a testimony meeting with some of the other districts in our building at the end
of the day. I don't think I have ever been to a meeting like that before, the
spirit was so unbelievably strong and everyone had the most powerful experiences
that they shared about. There is one elder in my district named Elder
Mastergeorge. He was converted into the church when he was 14 but didn't become
active until he was 17. Our entire time being here he has been really lazy when
it comes to studying and following the rules to the point it has become very
frustrating at times. But every time he shares his testimony it is unbelievable
how strong the spirit is. He literally has the most powerful testimony I have
ever heard in person. Especially on Saturday night and on Sunday morning
when our district had its last testimony meeting together. They all gave such
strong testimonies especially him. We said goodbye to most of our district last
night and watching him say goodbye to the other members of my district has been
very hard. I have been thinking about him a lot these past few days. I hope
that in the field he will have the desire to work hard and learn the language
because if he does he will be a better missionary than I can even imagine.
Sunday was incredible because it was so spiritual and I was
so happy to be going to Ecuador. Then at the end of the day at the end of our
last devotional The CCM president called Elder Abarca to meet with him after
the devotional. I had to wait outside of the Presidents office for half an hour
while Elder Abarca talked to his dad on the phone. I don't know what happened
and I don't feel like I should ask him, he just told me it was family problems.
He seemed a little shaken up when he came out of the office but he is not one
that shows his emotions very easily so I cant really tell how serious it is. It
was hard to end my CCM experience like that. However, these last two days have
been some of the most spiritual of my life. I am so excited to be in my mission
tomorrow because I know that my experiences will only get better.
Yo sé que el Evangelio es verdadero.
Estoy muy agradacidos por la experiencias he tenido en el
CCM
I miss you and I pray for you everyday
No comments:
Post a Comment