Hola todos,
This week has been nuts and I hope I can remember everything
I want to write about. On Tuesday it started to rain just as we were getting
back to the casa for the night. It started to get worse really fast and turned
into the craziest storm I have ever seen in my life. Huge bolts of lighting
would go off every 20 seconds or so and the thunder was so loud. Elder Villca
and I were standing in the doorway with our cameras when the craziest
thunderbolt ever went off. All of the power in our casa instantly went out, two
of our light bulbs exploded, and all the car alarms in Vista Hermosa went off.
It was so cool even though we were screaming like little girls.
This week I started feeling a little sick on Tuesday but
nothing bad. Wednesday I was feeling a whole lot more sick but not sick enough
that I felt justified in staying home, but as the day went on I got a lot
worse. I was freezing to death but I was also sweating buckets and could feel
the sun frying my body, and I had one of the worst headaches ever. I sure did
think about calling it a day a few times and I am probably an idiot for not
going back to the casa, but I am so glad I didn't. We were able to teach this
old couple named Emma and Carlos who Elder Villca and I had contacted a few day
before. Emma is looking for work because Carlos can barley walk and their son
is providing for them right now, so they are very poor and desperate but that
has made them humble. During our lesson with them I was in so much pain but the
spirit was so strong that it didn't matter. When we started talking about Joseph
Smith they were both crying and I knew that we were saying the things we needed
to say. When we walked out of the lesson I was at my absolute worst. I was
having trouble seeing and felt like I was going to pass out, but man was I
happy. I felt such a feeling of relief that I had been given the strength to do
what I was meant to do that day. In our next lesson they told us that they know
Joseph Smith was a prophet without any doubt and that they know that the church
is going to change their lives. On Sunday when we went to pick them up for
church they walked out in two seconds ready to go. They were ready to accept
the gospel into their lives on Wednesday and I am so glad that God helped me do
what was needed to get it to them. I somehow made it through the rest of
Wednesday and was feeling a little better by the time we got back to the casa.
But then I woke up Thursday morning at like 10:00 wondering what the heck
happened. Elder Villca told me that we woke up at 6:30 like always but that I
was stumbling around and telling him I was too sick to work that day. It was a
weird feeling but I felt a lot better and happy that I talked in Spanish when I
was sleep walking. I am now feeling back to normal for the most part so now I
have my first crazy mission sickness out of the way. Thank you all for your
support and prayers. You are all awesome.
Pics:
1-2. I got so close this morning I screamed. Shortly after
these pictures were taken he peed on me from the roof while I was washing my
clothes.
3. I finally got to try cui (guinea pig) yesterday. It is
alright once you get past the hair.
Mi Familia,
Dad- Thanks for the cool literature thoughts. When am I
going to get more FD?
Mom- I got the rest of my package today. They made you send
that little part separately. And I am really happy you like learning Spanish
Audrey- Glad your falling asleep in strange places
Ian- Which of my clothes have you stolen!?
Alicia- The picture of you made me laugh hard this week
Isaac- Did you hear that?!
I miss you all and pray for you everyday.
¡Yo sé que el Evangelio es verdadero!
By the way, Christmas we can skype with each other for 40
minutes instead of talk on the phone if you want. Do you guys have a way to
skype? I don't know if I will still be in this area during Christmas or really
any details yet but I will probably get to skype somewhere Christmas night. If
you guys want to can you find out how the heck skype works and send any info I
might need cause I really don't know anything about it. hasta luego
No comments:
Post a Comment