Monday, November 30, 2015

July 21 2014

Hola,
Well this week was a lot of fun and went by really fast. The Familia Guanotaxig with Orlando and Kenneth are doing good but didnt come to church because the mom (Jenny) is having surgery, so we hope everything goes well with that. I havent seen the dad (Carlos) in like 3 weeks but I have heard he is all for Orlando going on a mission. This family is really good, I think it will just take a while for them to get baptized. Orlando always gets frusterated when we have to push his date back which is a really good sign, and Kenneth still makes me laugh my pants off everytime I talk to him.
Also, this week all the new missionaries came in and me and Elder Bustamante got asked to capacitate them. It was fun! Since a lot where from the states they didnt understand any spanish, so I had to do my capacitation in both spanish and english and translate for Elder Bustamante during his capacatation. I love spanish.
And the lame thing of this week is that I was in divisions with members like all week because Elder Bustamante was in and out of the hospital for his knee which has been having lots of problems. But he is now officially getting pulled out of this sector because it has too many hills and his knee will only get worse. So I will be getting a new companion but I dont know who it is yet. That is two companions in a row that I have had for less than a transfer and both have been companions that I have gotten along with really well. But oh well, I am happy to stay here, I really love this sector (but someday I will get out of the city!).
Also I checked a goal off the bucket list this week. For a service project we had to build a roof, so we all got machetes and chopped down trees in the forest and then carried them across a big bridge that goes over a really over-grown jungle looking thing and then built the roof. It was sweet! I once mowed a lawn with machetes but it didnt feel nearly as cool.

Pics- 1.Us with Orlando when he went on visits with us
         2. We found a new investigator, I think he will get baptized!

Thanks for everything everyone!

El evangelio es verdadero!
 Maybe? Im pretty sure I discovered of Monsters and Men! Kenneth is so much like Ian it freaks me out, and I always tell him that. I love Orlando and Kenneth so much, I really wish I could just spend all day with them and I feel really bad that my comp. because he wont be here for their baptism. And is curtis sending out a big email? Tell him to put me on it. My year mark is coming up so fast it is freaky! Actually I have just been telling people I have a year for the last week because 11 months just sounds so trunky. That letter I promised might be late but just because I am writing that funny story I promised with very juicy detail.

No comments:

Post a Comment