Sunday, November 29, 2015

Nov 11 2013

Hola mi familia y amigos,

This has been a pretty darn good week. I'm really starting to fall in love with the work here and we have been having a lot of success. Elder Villca is awesome. This is actually his first area in Ecuador because he was a visa waiter in Argentina. But he is such a hard worker and I am learning a ton from him and having a blast at the same time. On November 1st our mission started ´´The Work of Salvation´´ which is a new goal type thing for how we are going to teach new people and also those in the church that need help like menos activos and conversos recientes. Basically we are supposed to have 34 lessons in a week which is an unbelievable goal. I didn't think we would even come close but Elder Villca and I decided that if we would work with every bit of energy we had and be 100 percent obedient that we would see miracles. I went to bed every night this week about to drop but we ended up having 33 lessons this week and tons more success besides that. It felt great! With hard work, obedience, and time, blessings really do start falling from the sky (along with lots of water).

Not much else is going on. Spanish is good I guess depending on the day. Some days I feel like I'm fluent and others I feel like I'm in week 1 of the CCM again, but it will get there some day. Thanks for all your mail, it is so great to hear from everyone. Val and Teresa, I love hearing about your missions. Thanks so much! You guys are all awesome! Good luck all you other missionaries! I pray for your success everyday.

Mi familia,
Dad- Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the gift of tongues, I will go study that more when I get time. And sorry I don't write in Spanish more often, its just that I honestly don't know how to spell most of the stuff I say.
Mom- How was the temple session in Spanish? My first temple trip in Mexico I really didn't understand any of it. Actually, I didn't understand much in the 2nd or 3rd either. And sorry the letter is short, me arrepentiré.
Audrey- Send me a pic of that painting
Ian- I saw an advertisement for Thor 2 this weekend. Have you seen it yet?
Alicia- What is going on in your life? Are you really getting a dog for Christmas?
Isaac- How are you? Have you found a new game to play yet?

pic- Me enjoying the perfect weather of Ecuador

I miss you and pray for you everyday.

¡Yo sé que el Evangelio es verdadero!

No comments:

Post a Comment