Hola,
Well it was a pretty cool week. We finally found some people
that will progress and I am way excited. It is a family of 5 named the
Guanaluisa family and it was really cool how we found them. Both Carlos and
Edwin (our two recent converts) came and did visits with us and Carlos took us
to meet his cousin who actually turns out to be one of Edwins good friends.
Coincidence? In my experience I dont believe in coincidences, Edwin kept
calling it a miracle. They seem really excited and have really liked the church
from what they have seen. They also gave us a reference last night of their
sister who seems aweosme also. So things have been going pretty well in that
area of the work this week.
But the really cool thing this week was what happened
yesterday. Me and Elder Christensen had our monthly meeting with the stake
president and we were just about to leave when we had the idea to take Carlos
Guanotasig with us since he was just kind of waiting around in the church doing
nothing. So we took him and the President let him sit in on the meeting and we
talked about the stake needs and programs and lots of boring stuff like that,
but then at the end he started baring his testimony and talking a lot to
Carlos. I learned a lot of things yesterday from him and I know Carlos learned
a lot of things that would actually stick with him for the rest of his life so
that was pretty cool. I dont really see Carlos going inactive any time soon
now. And we also went to the teleférico today so here is some pics of me trying
to be cool but realizing that I dont have good balence. Have a good week
everyone!
Elder Durrant
Hey guys,
Sounds like it was a good week for all of you. Audrey is
still the golden child aparantly but that is ok, I think that we have all
accepted it. I didnt eat that entire pizza in one sitting but I got really
close. It was the first time in my whole mission I was able to eat pizza until
I was full of it. I am glad Mr Perkes is still doing his best to cause trouble
for every durrant he sees. Alicia sounds like she is getting good at volleyball
and Isaac sounds like he is going to invent something really revolutionary
someday. And I cant believe that Ian is only 15 and has a dang iphone, that is
not riiight. This list is written for Ian but I will send it to all of you
since it is really good stuff. I tried to do a top 5 but it was too hard so
here is a top 10.
No comments:
Post a Comment