Hey people,
This week was really awesome!
Semana Santa made it kind of hard to have appointments but it wasnt terrible.
During Semana Santa people walk around all day friday carrying a homemade cross
and it is a lot more spiritual than Easter in the states, but the food is
nasty. On sunday Ecuador had a special broadcast from Elder Scott, Holland, and
Nash. Elder Scott and Nash speak perfect spanish and Elder Holland even gave
parts of his in spanish, it was so awesome. Then on sunday night we found a new
family who didnt give a tradition excuse when we invited them to baptism. The
husband said he has attended a lot of churches but has always felt like a
''lost sheep'', oh man it made me so happy! Then we got change calls and both
Elder Hall and I are staying here and I am pretty excited. I am also the new DL
and thats great news because that means I get a cell phone and dont have to pay
for the over-priced cabina pay phones. Then this morning in the terminal I ran
into one of my favorite people on the face of the earth, Elder Villca! He is
still such a crazy fun guy and I loved talking to him. He told me about a few
people that got baptized back in Vista Hermosa that I really wasnt expecting
would ever get baptized, one of the happiest moments of my mission. Lots of
good stuff has happened in the last couple days and I am looking foward to this
next change.
It was a really good week,
probably the best part was keeping track more than I have in the past of what
The Savior would have been doing on that particular day. It helped me a lot on
thursday and friday because when I thought I was suffering from fallen
appointments or free agency I would think of how much more He would have been
suffering in that moment, and suddenly my life didnt seem so hard. Thanks for
everything everyone! You are all great!
Familia,
Dad- There was no scarecrow burning here but that would have
been interesting
Mom- I had a lot of fun with that easter bunny tradition, but
I didnt know that he was a girl
Audrey- How has your track season been?
Audrey- How has your track season been?
Ian- What is the next avengers movie coming out? Number 2?
Alicia- Sounds like you had an awesome birthday
Isaac- What do you mean sort
of?
I miss you all and pray for you everyday.
¡Yo sé que el evangelio es
verdadero!
Elder Durrant
No comments:
Post a Comment