Monday, November 30, 2015

Dec 1 2014

Hey everyone!

Well it was another fun week here and I am starting to get used to being covered in sweat all the time so it is not that bad. And oh my gosh the food here is so good! We eat tons of verde here and I am in heaven! And coastal people sure know how to make rice! I could seriously just eat plain rice and be happy. I have had to go back to washing my clothes by hand which kind of stinks but oh well.

 Things have been going well in the sector, there are lots of people with potential and we find lots of people. This area would have so many baptisms if it were not for the commandments. It is kind of a different challenge than I have had my whole mission. In the city the people are a lot more reluctant to try new things and really put there trust in God enough to get baptized, but once they did get to that point the commandments were not a huge problem. But here everyone is ready to listen and get baptized but nobody is willing to follow the commandments. People here never get married and often dont want to either, and everyone drinks. Our investigator that was gonna get baptized last saturday disapeared off the face of the earth last week and we finally ran into him again yesterday... and he was drunk as a skunk. So it has kind of been an interesting change but it is teaching me lots of new things.

 The zone is pretty fun to, there are no sister missionaries here so it can be kind of hard to get the elders to not act like children sometimes but they are working hard and having lots of success. Also, Elder Abarca (my companion in the mtc) is one of the district leaders in the zone so it has been fun to work with him again, it has been forever since I have seen him. 

Life is good! Here is some pics of me and my companion at a ward activity and some friends that got into our house a few nights ago.


Elder Durrant


No comments:

Post a Comment