Hola Todos,
I learned something about myself today, I have no idea when
Thanksgiving is. So thanks everyone for wishing me a happy thanksgiving so I
could remember to be thankful. My list of things I'm thankful for will come
later.
This week has been pretty good. Familia Velasco (the golden
family I mentioned last week) is still golden (sort of). They are a family of
five with two members over the age of 8. It is a mom with two girls and two
boys, and they are awesome. The mom says that she has never felt a feeling like
the one she felt when she prayed about Joseph Smith and she totally dropped
coffee when we taught about the Word of Wisdom. Noeme (the 12 year old girl)
has the strongest testimony of any of them and she hangs on to absolutely every
word we say. She is so excited for baptism and keeps all her commitments.
Roberto (the 14 year old boy) told us he wants to serve a mission. This family
lives in a shack in the middle of nowhere and they are so poor but very
generous. The problem is that we cant get them to attend church. Roberto and
Noeme have attended once, but we do everything we possibly can every week to
get them to attend and something always pops up. They are not making excuses
because their reasons are actually legit. But I am kind of depressed because if
I get transferred in 2 weeks (which is very likely) I will not see them get
baptized.
But other than that things are going well. I think I'm
finally improving in soccer. I made two goals today which almost classifies as
a missionary miracle since I'm the only white kid playing. And Elder Villca and
I have gone running a few times a week which is the hardest thing ever because
of the altitude but its good for me. Thanks for everything you guys do your
awesome! This week I am thankful for avocados, my investigators, the monkey who
lives in our yard, rain, my family, The Book of Mormon, letters, Elder Villca,
packages, my friends, Familia Velasco, sleep, colada morada, the people of
Ecuador, bananas, Spanish, The Atonement, Bryan Adams music playing in the
street, soccer, and most of all my Heavenly Father and His Son, Jesus
Christ.
Things I'm not grateful for- dogs and Gospel Principles class
Mi Familia,
Dad- No, I never really get cold at nights and we don't have
a microwave, so I don't want a rice bag, but maybe a grey missionary type
sweater? I cant find any here. And also a letter with lots of detail about your
mission
Mom- Yes I got Loris package (Thanks Lori!) and I live like
an hour from Quito. And I finally have my mail figured out and I don't need
stamps. The family with Ecuador Isaac didn't want to get taught anymore, but I
still say hi to Isaac when I see him. ¿Como esta su español? Do you ever have
dad talk to you in Spanish? That would make you learn fast
Audrey- I remember the spit zone in Saddys class. Fun times
Ian- Well there are no good movies out right now. What are
you doing with your life?
Alicia- Right as I read your quote Phillip Phillips was
playing on the radio
Isaac- Excited for Christmas?
I miss you and pray for you everyday.
¡Yo sè que el Evangelio es verdadero!
No comments:
Post a Comment