Hola Everyone,
Tuesday marks one month that I have been here! I cant
believe how fast it is going. It is getting harder and harder to find anything
to write about because I do the same thing everyday. My Spanish is coming
along but it is still not great. This week we got the opportunity to teach
the native missionaries who don't speak any English. They don't realize
how fast they are talking so that made it very hard. I could sometimes get the
basic idea of what they were saying but I still stink at being able to
comprehend people. One of the Hermanas we taught was from Ecuador! She
looked like a latino version of the Halo lady from ´Reck
it Ralph´ which was very intimidating. My speaking is improving much
faster than my understanding. My biggest problem is I will be talking and doing
good and then I will get stuck on a conjugation (to me it feels like there
is like a hundred different past tenses) so I will just keep saying the
same word with different conjugations until I get it right. One thing I love
about Spanish is that when I don't know a word I can just
totally guess on the spot and I am usually right. Elder Abarca and I
have been having some great lessons with our fake investigators. It makes me
really happy when our investigators progress and I cant wait to actually do
it for real. My district is getting worse at focusing (they pretty much just
don't study at all anymore) but its alright because they do have strong
testimonies and I am confident they will do very well in their missions. As
much fun as I am having here I am starting to get a little sick of the same
thing everyday. I know that no matter how much I study here I will never be
good at Spanish until I spend time in Ecuador. It is going to be rough for
the first little while but I still want to be there right now more than
anything. I hope this next week and a half go by as fast as the previous weeks.
I have gotten two letters the whole time I have been here
but the nice mail lady tells me I should be getting the rest this week. Thanks
to all who have wrote me, I appreciate it even though I have not read them! And
if anyone was going to write me anymore it would be best to send it to my
Ecuador address (which I don't have on me at the moment so you should ask my
family or I will send it later today) since it will probably not make it here
in time. Thank you for all your support to me, it means everything. I didn't
take too many pics this week but I will attach some old stuff.
Mi Familia,
Dad- Elder Payne got here on Tuesday and we have a very
similar schedule so I see him pretty often. I don't know if I have ever seen a
missionary be so positive and happy on their first day in the CCM. I remember
the first day and it is not something I would ever do again. He is going to be
awesome. Also, one of our fake investigators had the same problem with
´spiritual blindness´. I hope that I don't run in to that problem to much these
next to years because I can only imagine how sad it must be with a real
investigator.
Mom- I'm glad your learning Spanish! The best way to
get good at it is to have dad talk to you and respond the best you can. Maybe
you will be fluent to by the time I get home!
Audrey- Looks like your season is going well. What was
your time?
Ian- Sounds like you had a fun birthday. Keep going to
the rock house and you will be able to do those crazy walls that non e of us
even tried.
Alicia- Keep being funny and babying Sam, Bret, and David
Isaac- Thanks for saying hi. I'm glad you are alive
¡Yo sé que el Evangelio es verdadero!
I miss you all and I pray for you everyday.
-Elder AJ Durrant
No comments:
Post a Comment