Sunday, November 29, 2015

Jan 20 2014

Hello everyone,

Well, as usual a lot happened this week and it was great! We had two investigators that just came out of nowhere this week. There names are Gabriella and Anami and they are sisters who came to a church activity and loved it so they started to investigate. There dad really didn't trust us at the beginning but there mom had heard good things about the missionaries before so we were able to teach all four of them. They love what we are teaching and want to get baptized, but the parents aren't married yet so it might be a while for them. Gabriella and Anami had their interviews yesterday but Anami didn't pass because she drank coffee this week. But we got permission to baptize her this week anyway if it seems like she is willing to never drink coffee again (only because she is so young). If it all works out Elder Almenara and I will break the baptism record for La Joya this change. God has definitely been putting a lot of incredible people in our path these last few weeks and I feel like he is really looking out for us. It was very rough the past two weeks trying to help our investigators get through their trials but now I see that God really doesn't abandon his children and everything always works out in the end if you have faith. He didn't abandon the people we are teaching and He still hasn't abandoned me. I see his hand in my life every day, especially the worst ones.
        Ecuador is an incredible place. As I learn more and more about the culture and as I talk to more people I really start to gain an appreciation for this country. When we were driving up to Chimborazo last week we got out of the city part of Riobamba and I saw two or three indigenous villages were the real keechwa people live, there are plenty keechwa people in the city but they aren't quite the same. But the people who live outside survive on what they can provide for themselves and don't really ever travel, they are real Ecuador Indians. And when I talk to people about where they would like to travel or what country they want to visit, I usually get the answer that they think Ecuador is paradise and never want to leave. That attitude and the fact that many people here are under 5 feet tall and drink more beer than water make me feel like I live in the Shire a lot of the time. These people may not have a whole lot, but they are very content with what they have and would never ask for more, I love it here. Well thank you all for your support and I hope all is well. I don't know half of you as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

Mi Familia,
I hope you all are having a fun time in Florida. Hope dad doesn't die in his nerd class and that the rest of you can find more fun things to do than play shuffle board.

I miss you all and pray for you everyday.
¡Yo sé que el Evangelio es verdadero!

Elder AJ Durrant


No comments:

Post a Comment