Monday, November 30, 2015

Oct 13 2014

Hey yall,

It was a pretty fun week. We have now officialy hit winter here in Ecuador which means it rains all day everyday, and it is cold! When I opened my call I thought that I was going to one of the hottest missions on the planet but I was very wrong. So now I am like always wet but it is alright because I still love rain. Things with Elder Càceres are going well, he is a really official, down to earth kind of guy but also know how to have a lot of fun. Last night in a noche de hogar we started laughing uncontrolably over something and couldnt stop during the last hymn and we were both trying to hold it in during the prayer. The members thought we were a bunch of wierdos but we had fun. 

And I dont know if I have ever mentioned Romelia and Darwin before in letters but they are some investigators that are doing really well. I actually taught Darwin way back when I was with Elder Bustamante but he didnt want anything. But then Romelia (his mom) was given to us as a reference like three weeks ago and we taught her, but she really didnt want anything either. But then they both must have felt the spirit or something because they both just showed up to conference all by themselves and they are now progressing a ton! And they gave us a sweet reference that also is progressing! So that was pretty cool.

We also changed houses this week so now I am living in a brand new house with lots of shiny new appliances, we were living in a lot of disorder for a while though. This week we have three zone conferences, I dont know who decided that but it should be a busy/fun week!


Elder Durrant


The halloween costumes look great! I knew what D and Rob were right of the bat, I am still a little confused about what Aaron and Teresas family is, and you guys' kind of freaked me out. I think halloween for me now means lots of rain, colada morada, and guaguas de pan. Is it real that Amelia and Josh got engaged after only 2 weeks?! Holy crap. My new comp. is great, I hope that President puts me with the other two argentinans in the mission so that I could have the whole collection. Actually I was with one of the others for like 4 days because he was showing me around Oriente Quiteño. So if that counts then I have 4/5. Here is a pic for you all to enjoy. And another with my 3 argentino (and some of my best) companions, Elder Villca, Copa, and Càceres.


No comments:

Post a Comment