Sunday, November 29, 2015

Feb 10 2014

Hello Everyone,

This week has been a long one but still good as always. But Ill start with the worst part to get it out of the way. The flash with all of the pics of my entire mission up to this point got stolen on Monday and holy smokes was I in a bad mood. But after an hour of furiously scrubbing my dirty clothes I cooled off and realized it wasn't the end of the world and I had to move on and focus on what really mattered. So I spent the rest of the week stressing about my investigators and trying to help them make the changes necessary to get baptized. We have quite a lot that want to be baptized, there is just always something stopping them. I also am trying to do what I can to keep my new companion from going crazy about his Spanish. He just wants to be fluent all at once and has no patience for himself, but he doesn't really like to accept help from anyone either. I remember so well what he is going through and in the moment it was very hard, but looking back now those experiences mean everything to me. I told him that things seem hard to him now but in a few months he will realize what an incredible time he was having. That same thing is totally happening to me now. He is doing a lot better and he made it through the first week which is the hardest part. I am excited how to see how much he improves in a month. 

Our investigators are doing well they just need to sort out their lives first. One guy I have never mentioned in my letters is Cezar. He yelled at Elder Almenara and I one day and asked us where we had been. Turns out he had been taking the missionary lessons a few years ago and still remembered the missionaries. Every time he sees us on the street I here a big ``DURRANT! Its been years since you`ve visited me!`` then I will say ``But we visited you yesterday``. He wants to be baptized and keeps all of his commitments, but he just had leg surgery which will keep him in bed for a month. We visited him yesterday and told me very loudly I better stick around to baptize him and not abandon him like Elder Almenara did, I told him I would do my best. He is always a fun guy to talk to if you need a laugh.

Well there is another week down. Thank you for all you are doing for me. You are all awesome!

Fam
Dad- I couldn't feel the eruption but it has been smoking all week. It just made the air really really nasty. As for my Spanish I think I am getting close to the ``plateau`` part of it which is just where I stop progressing as fast as at the  beginning. I really don't want that to happen so I have been working extremely hard during language study to keep getting better
Mom- Are you speaking Spanish with dad ever? My shoes are doing pretty well and I am hoping to make what I have got last my whole mission.
Audrey- Still sounds like your life is just a giant party 
Ian- The lego movie sounds like the greatest thing that has ever happened in the history of the world
Alicia- Good work doing FH. Ive had to teach few people how to do it here but I really don't know that much about it
Isaac- Good job being the smartest kid in your school

I miss you all and pray for you everyday.
¡Yo sé que el Evangelio es verdadero!

-Elder D


No comments:

Post a Comment