Hola everybody,
Well this week was a little
strange. On teusday I ate something that got in a fight with my digestive
system and that went on the whole week. We also lost our water on teusday so we
had to shower with a bucket and other fun stuff like that. Then on wednesday we
also lost the electricity so we had to do everything by candle light during the
coldest week we have had yet. It was fun! sort of.. well it was funny. Turns
out our neighbors didnt pay there bill but the agua/luz co. got mixed up, but
we finally have all our stuff back now so life is good.
So I was reading in the Book of
Mormon this morning and really thinking hard about my situation right now.
Pretty much we cant find anybody to teach and nobody is progressing and it is
really hard to stay as happy as a missionary should be in that situation. Alma
31 had some great stuff in it that helped me a lot.
''Behold, O Lord, their souls
are precious, and many of them are our brethren; therefore, give unto us, O
Lord, power and wisdom that we may bring these, our brethren, again unto thee.
And the Lord provided for them that they should hunger not, neither should they thirst; yea, and he also gave them strength, that they should suffer no manner of afflictions, save it were swallowed up in the joy of Christ. Now this was according to the prayer of Alma; and this because he prayed in faith.''
And the Lord provided for them that they should hunger not, neither should they thirst; yea, and he also gave them strength, that they should suffer no manner of afflictions, save it were swallowed up in the joy of Christ. Now this was according to the prayer of Alma; and this because he prayed in faith.''
Like Alma, I am constantly
praying for success, but I have not been recieving it. But this scripture
showed me that sometimes more is required of us. Alma prayed for the strength
to be able to suffer through his afflictions with joy, not to have his
afflictions taken away. And he recieved it because he prayed with faith. So
even when we dont have success I need to take a step back and figure out why
and then fix it. And if everything is done with faith I will always be happy,
even if I am showering in ice or throwing up in the toilet I will always be
happy. And I am. Thanks for everything everyone!
Familia,
Dad- I dont think I am at that point yet but maybe in
a year
Mom- Its not that I dont have memories, they are just hard
to explain in a different language. Feliz día de la madre!
Audrey- I couldnt watch that video but I bet it was funny
Ian- I cant believe you missed the door
Alicia-You look and sound different
Isaac- you too
I miss you all and pray for you everyday.
¡Yo sé que el evangelio es
verdadero!


No comments:
Post a Comment