Sunday, November 29, 2015

Feb 3 2014

Hola todos,
Hope you guys´ week was a good one. Mine was pretty crazy! I got to work with the zone leaders in their sectors for half the week and then I made the long trip back to Quito. I loved being in Quito again after so long, I really miss that city. Anyways, I got there and slept in the same apartment as all the new missionaries which gave me deja vu (was that right Jack?) but it was awesome. It was a group of five Elders and three of them were from the states which really surprised me. But my new companion is Elder Shank from California and he is a good kid. He is struggling with Spanish and has absolutely no patience for himself but I am excited to watch him get better. I have to keep reminding him that I also had to go through learning the language so that he doesn't go insane. But it is a lot of fun training a gringo and I really wasn't expecting it. I watch him struggle and remember how irritating Spanish was at the beginning, but now I really love it. I couldn't be happier that I am speaking Spanish.

The crappy part of this week was that a volcano went off and made the air really gross, so everyone thought that it was a good excuse not to come to church and our numbers went down the toilet. I'm just hoping and praying for success this change.

Well thanks for all of your support. It is really exciting to hear about all these mission calls so keep them coming! Life is great out here and God sends us help everyday as long as we are willing to ask and look for it.

Mi Familia,
Dad- No, I didn't get the Florida emails so I don't really know what happened. 
Mom- They made a new temple movie? Thanks for telling me whats going on in everybodys lives
Audrey- Haha good stuff in your parts of the letter today
Ian- Good luck in your tourny. What team did you set up?
Alicia (big pillow)- Keep saying funny stuff 
Isaac- Congratulations on your win. Russell is a good carrot. 

Pics- The volcano right after it went off and me and Elder Shank with our masks that we had to wear for the rest of the day.

¡Yo sé que el Evangelio es verdadero!
I miss you all and pray for you everyday.

-Elder D


   

No comments:

Post a Comment