Hola mi familia y amigos,
Well first apparently thanksgiving was this week and not the
one before, but I already made a thankful list so I don't have to be thankful
until next year!
This week has been really good. The numbers of lessons is
growing every week which is incredible, and even better, familia Velasco
attended church this week! They are so dang close and I am so happy they could
come. This week I have learned a lot about commitments and how important it is
that people do so that they can know. We have one investigator who is very
serious about reading and praying with a specific question. Those kinds of
people are always hard to find because people have a hard time understanding
what we are asking them to do. When we invite people to pray to know Joseph
Smith was a prophet they say ¨Pray? Of course Ill pray! I pray everyday!¨ But
they don't pray to know if he was a prophet. Or sometimes they think Joseph
Smith is a Santo and they have to pray to him. We have to explain commitments
so clearly so that people actually receive answers. This investigator was not
interested in getting baptised at all, but she understood what we were asking
her to do and she did it. She now believes Joseph Smith was a prophet but still
doesn't want to be baptised. But we asked her to pray to know if baptism is the
right choice for her and she said she will. And I know if she could receive an
answer about Joseph Smith she can receive an answer about baptism. Good stuff
is happening! It is a good thing that The Holy Ghost does all the work or
nothing would ever happen.
I made a goal for myself this week to just say what I would
say in English when I am teaching and not repeat phrases in my lessons. So my
Spanish feels like it got worse this week but I feel like I will be a better
teacher because of it. I sure hope someday I know what the heck I am doing.
Oh and a few people have asked about this monkey that lives
in our yard and I think it is about time I gave more detail about him. One
morning like 6 or 7 weeks ago I was eating breakfast at my desk and I hear this
weird squeaking noise outside the window. I looked up and there was a monkey
hanging upside down outside the window watching me eat. I would have sent
pictures forever ago but I don't actually have one yet. Every time I try to take
a pic he runs away. I'm pretty sure he knows because if we leave the door open
he will run into our house and laugh and stand on his head while I scramble for
my camera and then will run out. He also loves to torment the dog that lives
below us which is always very funny. But I have made a goal to get a pic of him
before I move out, I don't know how but I will do it. I don't know if he has a
name but I usually refer to him as ¨that stupid little monkey¨. The war
continues!
Thanks for all your support and examples. You guys are
great!
Pic- Me and Familia Velasco
Mi Familia,
Dad- I finally started speaking with subjunctive like 2
weeks ago, it took me forever to figure it out. Now I am trying to understand
all of that se lo garbage. I got part of my Christmas package but not all of
it.
Mom- I understood everything except for the part about
pudding pies. Va a tener que explicar.
Audrey- It seems like all our parents say about you is that
you party every night.
Ian- Even if you have to be commanded to write letters I
still appreciate it. When does the hobbit come out?
Alicia- No funny quotes this week?
Isaac- I finally saw your Ecuatoriano twin this week after
like a month in a half
I miss you and I pray for you everyday.
¡Yo sé que el Evangelio es verdadero!
No comments:
Post a Comment