Monday, November 30, 2015

May 26 2014

Hey everyone,

Well it was a great week again! Life has been really great out here lately and me and Elder Hall have been having a lot of fun. But holy cow I am tired. Today we finished buying stuff and I fell into bed and instantly fell asleep, I probably would have stayed like that if Elder Hall hadnt woken me up and said we werent going to have time to email, then I was just super out of it for like the next ten minutes. Naps are great! Then this week it rained a lot and since one of my pairs of shoes are getting fixed I was pretty wet all week but thats ok cause I love rain, the weather here is the best!

Then this week an old couple we have been teaching for about two week finally started to progress, which is a pretty funny story. Their names are Mariana and Luis and we recieved them as a referece about two weeks ago. When we went to their door to contact them we remembered contacting the same place and being quickly rejected about two week before that, but we gave it a shot anyway and the same woman who rejected us (Mariana) told us she would love to learn more. That made us happy (and confused) and we made a return appointment. The day we came back for the appointment here husband (Luis) was the one who opened the door, without us saying anything he went off about how he didnt want anything to do with us and how we werent Ecuatorianos and he had his bible and this and that. We then were really scared but we taught the two of them and it didnt go that well. She cant really understand that well and he just likes to talk a lot. But with a lot of persistence we finally got them to pray and they feel like they have recieved their answer. They have been slowly but surley progressing since then and they do everything we ask them to. Luis still makes lots of racist comments and always makes it clear he wishes we were not ''Gringos'' but I can tell that deep down he loves us haha. They came to church yesterday for all three hours and loved it! They want to come to the activity this week and I am way excited for them. Just goes to show that God can do anything, never thought I would have a progressing racist investigator.

Life is really good! I felt like a nature photographer this week cause everything looked so cool! But I also got very wet. Thanks for everything!

pics- lots of naturey stuff

Familia,
Dad- That photo bomb made me laugh, and curtis' tweet
Mom- I want to know what pics you used of me!
Audrey- Did you suffer in the family photos movie?
Ian- haha, so good looking
Alicia- Do you really not have stuffed animals anymore?
Isaac- What have you been up to lately?

I miss you all and pray for you everyday
¡Yo sé que el evangelio es verdadero!


Elder Durrant



No comments:

Post a Comment